Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, I'm new to all this so please be patient with me.
Ive recently bought a Saab 900 convertible 1992 model and so far I'm very pleased with it, I have however, a few questions I would like to ask you all in regards to specifications.
The color of the car is Red but I cant find a color code anywhere on the car, I'll be respraying it within the next year so I will need to find what the correct color is.
Does this vehicle come with a OBD connection to plug in a machine, can anyone recommend a particular analyzer to suit.

I look forward to hearing from you all.
Best regards Wayne. (Perth)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't believe the Classic 900s have any kind of OBD port. There's a procedure for reading trouble codes by counting the flashes on the Check Engine light. I have an on-off light switch with a long wire attached to it that I used to use for that purpose, but I don't recall the specifics on how to do it. The Bentley manual details all of this, along with just about every other detail on your car - it's an invaluable reference. As to the color, I thought it was mounted on one of the front fenders under the hood, but I'm probably wrong on that. If you can't find it, your paint shop should be able to analyze the color and come up with its components. Good luck!

John Francis
Rolla, MO

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't believe the Classic 900s have any kind of OBD port. There's a procedure for reading trouble codes by counting the flashes on the Check Engine light. I have an on-off light switch with a long wire attached to it that I used to use for that purpose, but I don't recall the specifics on how to do it. The Bentley manual details all of this, along with just about every other detail on your car - it's an invaluabl
e reference. As to the color, I thought it was mounted on one of the front fenders under the hood, but I'm probably wrong on that. If you can't find it, your paint shop should be able to analyze the color and come up with its components. Good luck!

John Francis
Rolla, MO
Hi John, many thanks for your reply. Ive found the paint code so that's good. As I'm new to this type of car, I'm not sure what to look for if a fault appears on the car if you cant plug a diagnostic test device into it. Hopefully, should it happen, there will be help out there. Once again, many thanks John. Regards Wayne.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts