Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Pictures from Tamworth Meet 18-4-2004

Tags
meet tamworth
5K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  welshwizard 
#1 ·
Thanks to everyone who braved the inclement weather to attend today's meet.

Unfortunately I only got 5 useable pics before my camera's batteries gave in! These are all mainly shots of cars, only a few owners appear! No doubt the terminally camera shy will appreciate that fact.

1. MikeH standing to the right of his 9000SE FPT, Rob's Immaculate 9000 2.3 Carlsson, Carl's (Swapped..) 9000 Aero, H's TVR Chimera (honorary Saab), sgould's 9-5 Aero, Saabman's modified 9-5

2. sgould seems unimpressed by the interloper, seriously though ... v. nice car

3. Nice logo on the Scaero.

4. The Scaero, Sevenman's 9000 Aero and my red 9000CD 2.3FPT

5. Ric (Carlsson986) 9000 Aero, Jim67's 9-5 2.3LPT

Sorry to those of you I missed, Andy and saab93s IIRC and thanks to all of you who trusted me to test drive their cars.

See less See more
#8 ·
Another set of remakably similar photos. Not been back long M1 was horrendous

Up via M40 M42 - 1hr 50min
Back via M6 M1 (20 miles shorter) - 3hr

The first two photos are an attempt (not that wonderful as it turned out) to show the difference between my OE Xenons and Saabmans aftermarket ones.

#9 ·
I had a great time and met some new faces as well as some old.

Journey home wasn'y too bad after I'd managed to get out of the M42 traffic and onto the M6 side of the road (I pity Sevenman who looked like he was in for a long wait)

I got to try Saabman's twin piped 9-5
Jason's lowered/bilstiened CD (very nice round the bends at speed)
Got to ride in Sevenman's Aero with my Boost guage and checked his pressures (spot on)
Had a little trip with Saabman for the same, more of that later.

Rob's carly puts mine to shame for cleanlyness (as does Ric's when he brings it...)

I might have to polish mine...

Andrew

#10 ·
I also had a great time and it was nice to put a face to all those familiar names.

It was good to see everyone's car and chat about the mods both completed and planned...a set of lowered springs could well be a must following a quick drive in Jason's CD.

Yes, the M42 was a complete joy!

Thanks Jason...can I put me name down for next year?

Andy

#12 ·
That was a most enjoyable meet, thanks to Jason for organising it.

It was good heading back to the motorway in a convoy of 4 Aeros, 3 of which were 9000s. A more pleasent sight to follow than a caravan towing volvo.

The M42 was very bad until the M40 at which point I was able to keep up a suitable Saabing speed.

It was nice to find out (with Andrews assistance) than my car produces the correct boost throughout the rev range. I should get one of those fitted some time

#13 ·
Well worth the effort to attend, and Toddler Troll enjoyed it too.

I've never seen so many 9000 Aeros and Carlssons in the same place at once, and I loved that!

In order to meet and chat with a group of friendly, enthusiastic people, I did 140+ miles in the round-trip, and averaged around a mile a minute on A roads, including delays, and showed 32MPG when I got home - so the whole day worked like a summary of why I drive a Saab.

Carl

#15 ·
Originally posted by H - The Return:
[qb]Thanks for letting my amazing Swedish Blackpool Rocket join the party!    :fawlty:  
[/qb][/b]
Ermm NO I think mine is the Blackpool Swedish rocket
Yep good meet
Now I just need to find out why my car boosts to 25psi occasionally
and also paint my front spoiler again after a run in with that humped back bridge

Cheers Jason for organising it and thanks Andrew for letting me know my boost pressure

#18 ·
Yeeeesss. That bridge has a lot to answer for..... was giving it large in second gear when I remembered that bridge was there.....

Yes we noticed,but up untill then it sounded great.At least you were in a car,when I did it on the same bridge I was in a 7.5 tonner,with a Wedding Cake in the back!!
Mike

#19 ·
my 2 half year old feel in love thank to eliza[/b]
I didn't have Sam on any of the video when I got home, so I couldn't show Eliza's mum the suitor, but we'd like to know his intentions for our daughter:

Does he like Saabs?
Does he intend to own and drive them in adulthood?
Can he imitate the noises of a fast Saab turbo accelerating?
Does he find the Tweenies to be the complete TV program, lacking only in its almost complete lack of Saabs?

On the way home, I did some 'muttering' about another driver, safe in the knowledge that the Troll was asleep in the back, only to hear as I pulled back to the left and lifted off,
'HEHEHEHE - daddy go fast - naughty car gone now!'

Carl

#21 ·
Re: Sam's intentions towards Eliza...
YES, I am sure if his current mental state is anything to go by, that he will be a SAAB owner by the age of 17 at the latest!

Re: his taste in TV.
Tweenies are good, but he has lost all patience with the Fimbles, due to the lack of proper speech from the baby one, and he has developed a taste for Johnny Bravo on Cartoon Network in recent weeks. I am sure that he will go along with whatever his woman wants, though.

As for SAAB sounds, I am sure he could imitate one nicely, but at the moment he is going through a phase of 'being a motorbike'!
He can however, spot a 95, 93, etc at 50 paces, including noticing a poster in the station at York as our bus passed by it!!

When is Eliza next in York, is she interested in discussions about Nick Jr vs CBeebies, etc over a glass of milk?
Is she coming to the track day at Elvington on 3rd May?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.