Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. The pictogram on my 1998 2.3 Turbo has never shown the bulb failure lights (on ignition turn on) as it says it should in the handbook. Are these optional or standard?

2. Now for the main problem. The amber light showing the outline of the car. t has stayed on at all time until recently; Get in, the outline is lit with the red to show the door is open, close the door, outline stays lit, start the car and the light stays on, until you brake. Switch off the ignition and the lights stays off until you open the door and the outline lights up with the red to show the door open. Alternatively, Get in, the outline is lit with the red to show the door is open, start the car and the light stays on, until you close the door. Open the door again and the outline and the red indicator come back on, until you close the door again.

I have no idea what is causing this, could it be a relay problem, help!

·
Registered
865 Posts
this is going to take you a while.....because its prob.a bad earth and there are lots of them.i have a similar prob. interior lights dont work until i open bonnet/if i put window down faint image of car appears on pictogram/r.w.w wont work,put window up .....everthing ok.try spraying all earths you can find with w.d.40.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Ian it sounds like, apart from the bulb failure lights never coming on, your pictogram is working exactly as it should.

Perhaps the bulb failure lights have themselves failed? Or it could be a wiring problem. As a starting point you could put a voltmeter across the bulb failure lights and see if there's any voltage there, but you've got to get to the back of the display first ...

Cheers

James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.