Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After replacing 4 bulbs in one week and repairing the bulb holder...I find that even when the brake lights are appearing to work properly the pictogramm is still lighting up when I put on the brakes
Any ideas ?
on the drive over here the other headlight failed

·
Registered
243 Posts
Or a complete pain in the [expletive deleted] - everytime I'm sat at a junction indicating right I'm informed that I have a problem with the rear indicator - it works perfectly and I have the exact same bulbs at all 4 corners - then when I move off the pictogram clears. Never happens when I'm moving and about to turn right either
!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Don't blame the pictogramme,the fault lies in the bulbs,or so I am informed by my tame sparky.apparently it is possible that a bulb can "Blow" and yet still light,this happens when the filement breaks but shorts itself lower down its support,the pictogram notes the differant resistance and tells you you have a bulb fault,you have.even if its still alite.
Here endeth the first lesson by George.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I would check the bulbs are located properly - i have had problems because the bulbs have to be seated perfectly.

If you are having problems, I would also replace the bulbs in pairs, as the others have said, the pictogram seems very fussy

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
The pictogram control unit simply measures the resistance in the electrical path to all connected bulbs. If the wrong resistance is measued, the pictogram lights up. This will happen when an incorrect Wattage bulb is used, the pictogram will stay on even though lamp is working.

Also, if you have corrosion build up in the lamp holder (or even the bulb contacts), this will also increase the resistance and falsely trigger the pictogram. Same applies with corrosion on any earth connections from the bulb holders, and all connections to the bulb holder, etc.

Check all contacts and connections for corrision build up and ensure good contacts exist.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.