Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some of the photos that I finally uploaded! Sorry she's not very clean and there's horrible brake dust on the front wheels. Enjoy.

Front:

Side:

Rear:

P.S. Does anyone know how to remove surface rust? The rust you see running down the lower door sills is from the bolts that hold on the cladding. I think its actually on top of the paint. Winter's coming soon though.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Hi Saab9000,

for surface rust i would try a paint conditioner like T-Cut ( not the colour tinted type though) or use a polish that has cutting agents in, such as Autoglym resin polish. Use several clean cloths to polish on liberally, and different cloths to wipe off an buff ( because you do not want to spread the rust particles any further.)

Might be worth replacing the rusty bolts, or at least covering them in Vaseline/petroleum jelly to stop them from "bleeding" over the winter.
HTH

PS nice pics!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Is your paint metallic? Can't tell from the pics, but if it is, don't use ordinary T-Cut. Instead, use the T-Cut metallic. I think even then, you have to be quite sparing with it compared to using normal T-Cut on ordinary paint, otherwise you take all the lacquer off.

If you do T-Cut it, afterward apply a good protective wax or resin polish.

·
Registered
706 Posts
For surface rust I would recommend wire wool or brush, or better still use a Dremmel with either a small grinding wheel or wire attachment.

I found the Dremmel with a grinding wheel is very good for removing light rust.
Then you could brush on some rust 'inhibitor' which will certainly keep the rust at bay until the good weather next year.

Skiddins

1 - 5 of 5 Posts