Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently brought myself the 3rd saab, from a 9-5 to 900, to a 9000. Its a 1997 2Lt Eco Turbo P 1997. Anyway I noticed when I fill up perphaps £20 or so it goes about midway on the fuel gauge, however after about 50 or so miles around town the needles touches the reserve and it lights up. However it sometimes returns to about a 1/4 way and then drops back down to the reserve. Neverthless I go by the trip computer and manage to get about 120ish miles which is about 20ish miles to the gallon I think. The car has 120K miles on it but has a full main dealer history and was serviced by saab only 3 months ago. Any ideas, or am I just being a bit paranoid.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi Tahir, I have a similar problem but not quite so bad. it the gauge is at midway position when I stop the car, when I restart the gauge will read a quarter, however after driving a few miles it will return to the midway position again. I feel I may need new rear springs, which may affect it on ther other hand it could be electrical.But I do know the first time it happened I panicked

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Folks, I am experiencing almost identical symptons. I had the problem before, plus the fact that the boot release button on the driver's door stopped working. But after I had the passenger-side rear light cluster changed the problems were cured.
I wondered if you had any work done in that dept.
I have since replaced the clusters myself and the problems has re-appeared. I have been told that an earthing lead may not be connecting properly. As soon as the weather picks up I shall have a go.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have found that with the tank under half full, the guage indication is quite sensitive to the attitude of the car : parked tail uphill gives less petrol and vice-versa. It takes a few miles of driving to sort itself out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.