Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shock, horror, lost all boost past the beginning of yellow yesterday (12 oclock on gauge), just would not budge.
Got Abbott Dump Valve, and a nice bleed valve in the wastegate pipe, usually holds well into the Red.
Anyway, even with my near-zero techno knowledge, even I found that a small thin pipe from front of Abbott dump was off ( perished anyway) got a new bit of hose for this immediate section, and bingo, all OK again for a few pence.

What I want to know is: The pipe (the thin rubber hose) goes from the Dump Valve back round and past righthand side of engine as you look from bumper side.
It then branches off and this branch feeds onto the silver manifold contraption, can see that OK.
The straight bit carries on straight into a black hole in the back of engine compartment,feeding through to???.
Hose is perishing a bit anyway, so I want to replace whole lot, but obviously I don't want to just pull hose out. Where does it go please, or what needs taking off to provide access to plugging a new replacement hose on ??

Cheers, Andy.
1994 2.3T

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
It should come up to a Y joint,one leg to the manifold and one as Andrew says,to the boost guage,I think it could also feed the vacuum controlled motors on Cruise control and vent motors.I have repiped from the manifold to the dump valve,but so far have ignored the rest so if you do delve in I will be interested how you get on.If you take out the six 8mm bolts beneath the windscreen you should see more of the pipe,but,if my memory can be relied on,I think to complete the job you will have to take the dash top off.
Good luck,keep us posted.
Mike

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
If you take the false bulkhead cover off (that black plastic thing at bottom of the windscreen) you can get to the pipe which runs to a plastic connector that then passes through the bulkhead proper. Hence you can replace the whole pipe (within the engine compartment) and leave the dash alone. The pipe in the dash will be fine - not the same heat to make it perish - and yes the pipe does run to the boost gauge.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am having problems with half boost on my Carlsson and after taking the "W" hose off the APC valve suspect either the APC valve or the pipework. I have been trying to replace some of the pipework in other areas of the engine bay but cannot find a suitable sized pipe, apart from buying the parts from the main dealer at a price!
Can anyone recommend somewhere to buy several metres of pipe? (I have tried a local "performance" parts shop but the gentleman behind the counter was particularly unhelpful).
On the boost matter I read on the list to clean the APC valve with carb cleaner (done) and leave the battery disconnected for "a bit" and then go on an adaptation run. I have had the battery off for about 30 mins but the car is running just the same. Do I need to leave it off longer or should I go straight for the replacement APC valve?
I have checked the wastegate actuator, which was fine and assume I have an electronic control problem. Full acceleration seems to pulse rather than be linear, as if the APC valve is opening and closing slightly every second or so.

Thanks,

Duncan

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I buy mine from Demontweeks 01978 664466 or www.demon-tweeks.co.uk,others seem to be able to buy it local to themselves but I have yet to find anyone else.make sure all the plastic clips on the rubber trunking have been replaced as these leak,also its worth having the trunking off and checking for splits,I presume you have checked the little non return valve that sits on top of the camcover? I know it has a tech name but I can't recall it.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
On the subject of hoses. First time I needed some (for the 900) it was £7.50 a metre at the main dealers. Matey seemd a bit apologetic. Next time I passed I asked if they had any left in stock (thinking I might as well cough up: why is this stuff so difficult to find And if one more lad in an autofactors suggests washer hose I'll ) So, as I was saying, I popped in and matey says hang on, cuts me two mteres and says no charge

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Lucky b*****d.at my local dealer they are thinking of charging lodging for the time you stand awaiting the return of the parts bod,and I know what he is going to say on his return,"sorry non in stock"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.