Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I keep reading about people putting uprated fuel injectors in their 900/9000's. Also heard about 'Green Giant' injectors for 9000 (Volvo?)
How do you get hold of these and what is involved in fitting them? What kind of increase are we talking about? I have a stock 2.3T.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Physical fitting is easy, but you really need to have the ECU remapped to match their flow characteristics.

However the stock injectors are good for around 300hp, so you need to be a fair way along the upgrade path before you need to consider upgrading them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The "Green Giant" injectors are Bosch 0280 155 968 units rated at 465CC @ 3.8bar base fuel pressure. Any Bosch agent will be able to supply them, although mine came slightly used from one of the 2.5 M12's that was on the older management.

As mentioned if you run a 9000 you will need to re-map the standard management to reflect the increased flow rates. If you have a C900 then an alteration in base fuel pressure coupled with a suitable way of adjusting input from the AMM or a re-mapped fuel chip will do the trick.

Matt
[edited to add pic]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts