Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya'll,

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what they think is the best performance exhaust for the 9-3. BSR, Saab Sport, JT...? I just want a nice low, powerful tone with no "buzzing" at cruising speeds. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
464 Posts
if you can afford it, have a look at the hirsch..(being stainless it is quite dear), i have one on my 9-5..plenty of nice gruntiness when you toe it but when cruising at 90mph you wouldn't know it was there..

·
Registered
563 Posts
It's hard to tell which one's the best performance exhaust.

The JT is best value for money. It's made of aluminised mild steel and has got two mufflers. The sound is nice and deep at idle, but not very loud. Same goes for cruising at a given speed. As soon as the car the car is accelerating the noise gets a lot louder. The sound is only there when you drive the car hard. The sound on overrun is great.

The Saab sport exhaust is louder at idle and produces a sound that is a bit deeper. It's made of stainless steel and lacks a resonator.

I've never heard the BSR sport exhaust, so I can't comment on that one.

Like all Hirsch products, the exhaust is very expensive. It's high quality and the endtip is the best looking example I've ever seen.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
You could also take a look at Abbott. Like Hirsch they're not cheap but do sell good stuff. I've had a backbox from them that's now nearly 5 years old and is still as good as new...

Abbott 9-3 exhausts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts