Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So....... last night driving sweet as can be....then....engine light limited performance and literally nothing happening when I put the pedal to the floor.(revs went from 1000 to 1500 idle) Crawled to bus stop in 1st at 2mph then called RAC. RAC man diagnostic says pedal position sensor. Crawled to local, trusted garage after their closing time and put key through door. Today they can`t be certain if pedal sensor or throttle sensor and don`t want to replace wrong one at my expense(£200 +vat and labour on top). They want to do more digging before committing. RAC guy says he`s seen 3 like this in 2 months and pedal sensor each time, not SAAB`s though. Anyone else had this and any clues to help point to correct part?
2009 93 TID 150 manual, 100,000miles.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Without the specific fault code its guess work.
Having said that throttle body faults are more common than pedal ones from what I know.
Pedal assembly (Part number 9186726)
Throttle bodies (part 55199971)
Available for little money used or you can buy new...
If you can use a screwdriver and a basic socket set and follow instructions in the WIS they are an easy DIY.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
fault codes P1120, accelerator potentiometer and
P1122, accelerator position sensor1-2 correlation
My garage say they plugged in their own diagnostic tool but they are still uncertain

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Those are general obd2 codes there are 3 subcodes for each ie P1120 XX which Tech2 or perhaps opcom will see.
Either way both those codes indicate a fault with either the wiring to or from the pedal assembly to the thottle body.
I would buy one on ebay and swap in if you look you will find one for less than a tenner. (same part on the Vectra cdti)
From Wis

Text Line art Diagram Line Parallel

Text Line art Drawing Line Font

Text Line art Organ Diagram Joint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts