Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the PCD of the 4 stud wheels on a 9000,also,is there any other wheels that will fit this pattern without any hassle eg. Vauxhall,ford etc. Cheers.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
There's a bit of info missing from above... when quoting the offset you must know what wheel width it refers to.

The spec for a 9000 with 6.5" wheels is 38mm. If you increase the width, you need to reduce the offset by half the width increase. e.g for 7.5" the offset is 25mm.

[edit] Oops... I forgot to say:
Welcome

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mark,

Are you sure? I distinctly remember my 16" Aero wheels with 6.5" width having a 27mm offset. The 6J 15s run a 33mm offset and the 5.5Js a 40mm offset.

The Saab offset is selected so that the vertical face on the inner side of the wheel always remains in the same position.

The 17x7s fitted to my car run a 35mm offset with no problems.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not to worry for a minute anyway,as all the aero wheels i find are mega expensive but,as i'm here.I'm having a problem with boost drop.I've just bought the car from a friend which has been tweaked a bit by Abbott and ran 253bhp with 331lbs torque,problem is the boost comes in and the needle goes into the red,which is fine but,drops straight away back to the yellow.Is it a knackered actuator? as it was on my other car or is it normal for the Saab? You feel it most in third as the initial kick drops off rapidly.Thanks.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
cherry 1809,

You will probably get a better response to your question if you ask it in a new thread. At the moment it's under "PCD" and people who know about actuators may not be looking.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Alex The 17x7 with offset 35 caused rubbing on the inside of the tire. (but then again standard wheels also do that.) on the rear I found the space left between the tyre and the reaction bar. A bit to small so I decided to use spacers of 5 mm creating an offset of 30.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Originally posted by cherry1809:
[qb]Whats the PCD of the 4 stud wheels on a 9000,also,is there any other wheels that will fit this pattern without any hassle eg. Vauxhall,ford etc. Cheers. [/qb][/b]
I know wheels of a Ford Focus and a Peugeot 206 are a staight fit. And if I'm correct wheels of the older 4 stud Audi's are also a good fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts