Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The electronically-adjusted passenger seat on my '96 9000 Aero only seems to operate when the door is open. The fuse is not blown, and when the door IS open, the seat adjusts just fine (in all directions, etc). What could be causing this? Some backwards wiring perhaps?

The drivers side works just fine. I have tried operating the passenger seat both with the key in the ignition and out.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Hi Art and welcome to Saabscene.

From looking at the wiring diagram, this would appear to be correct. The power seat mechanism is energised by either the door being open or the ignition being on. Have you tried the passenger seat with the ignition on and door closed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are correct.. I was saying that the seat -wouldn't- operate even with the ignition in and the door closed.

I got a response from the Saab Central forum though: apparently the relay (which is located in the front underneath the seat) was not pushed in all the way! Score, simple solution.

·
Registered
69 Posts
OK there are two relays under there. One suggestion is to swap them over, which I have done and the seat works normally. However, it just occurred to me: what does the other relay control?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts