Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed that the "lights on" symbol in the tachometer was not illuminated and decided to investigate....Dash top off, instrument binnacle out, pictogram unit removed, speedo off, tacho out, nearly there...

...and, after removing the small circuit board containing the lamps, there it was at last! The smallest lamp in the world. I expected a standard panel lamp but found instead a sub miniature bulb measuring 6mm x 3mm dia. I switched over the still working TCS lamp temporarily, since I don`t get to make this come on too often.

In case you need to replace one of these, they are available from Maplins stock code BT43 for about 30p.

I also checked all the others, and there are an awful lot of lamps in there! Although the dash illumination seemed ok some 3 lamps had to be replaced due being blown and a couple more had poor connections so it was worth the hassle in the end.

It must be Xmas tree light syndome that brought this on I suppose but at least there are no flashing sequences from the dash - yet!

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
chrisn, if it is any consolation, one of the fairy lights on my Christmas tree had gone, and the tail light/brake light twin element bulb on my classic 900 was shining brightly - luckily it is easier to get at then those inside the instruments on your 9000!

All: remember, you can use the drop down menu to list topics older than 20 days - but you are welcome to squirrel away the advice if you wish!

Regards
/john

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.