Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I don't Saabs are worse than any other makes, and probably better than most. Cetainly better than the cheaper marques. All paint will chip if hit hard enough. Most paintwork will be affected by bird droppings, especially if they aren't cleared off properly and promptly.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I never noticed any more chips on my 9000 bonnet than I got on my Cavalier... but the front skirt does tend to take a lot of hits.

There is, or was, a company called Chips Away who came round to your house and filled any chips in the paint work on your car... you dont need a full respray.

Steve

·
Registered
183 Posts
Anyone roaring down the motorway tailgating the car in front is asking for their paintwork to be chipped. To be honest they deserve it! ;o)

As for the roof, older 9000's fitted with an electric sunroof will be looking at trouble as the sunroof mounting was not strong enough to support the sunroof. Opening & closing of this cuases the roof to flex & ultimately the paint chips & the dreaded iron oxide (Rust!!) starts to form.

Simple answer is to not use the sunroof & keep your distance from the car in front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.