Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing the head gasket and lots of other engine bits and pieces on my Aero I did the brakes this weekend as the pedal was a little soft and braking was not very good.

Fitted new brembo discs all round, textar rear pads and Pagid front pads (from those nice Elkparts people - usual very efficient service).
Had no problems fitting everything even the rear handbrake adjusters worked fine

Bleeding the fronts with Gunsuns ezibleed was er easy, doing the back with the ABS pump was useless until I pressed the brake pedal as well.

The result really dodgy braking for the first 50 miles whilst everything bedded in and now - great, excellent infact. Old pads and discs were not that bad and maybe just bleeding the brakes made a big difference but I'm very happy with the Pagid pads.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
yeah - I fitted pagid fast road, brembo grey iron and braided hoses all round.
the first 100miles was pretty scary due to lack of brakes but they are now great - really 'grippy' and solid compared to before.
I can still cook them though!

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by Adrian:
[qb]Bleeding the fronts with Gunsuns ezibleed was er easy, doing the back with the ABS pump was useless until I pressed the brake pedal as well. [/qb][/b]
I use the ezibleed for both front and rear, no probs, alhtough it does accelerate the rear bleding if you give the pedal a few pumps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.