Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have recently fitted standard pagid pads and find the braking lacks "bite". The ABS barely operates on a dry road under max braking.
I would also be v interested to hear of under upgrades or recommended improvements.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yep agree on Ferrodo too.

Took the plunge and splashed the cash on Trent Saab grey iron discs and Ferrodo pads, (stage 2 kit).

Baulked at the cost of the pads.....but the setup works a treat on my hard driven 2.3 Carly.

No fade, great response, good feel, will buy the pads again when these go. TSL say they last, we shall see.

Dave

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
One more for Frodo, I mean Ferodo. For those who STILL don't know I had Trent's Stage 2 upgrade on mine, massive stopping power. Make sure your alloys have plenty of lacquer on though as the pads generate lots os "sticky" dust.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
I've also had the Trent group N/Ferodo setup on my 9000. Very nice, exceptional value for money. I swapped it for AP's tho, 'cos I'm going to do more track days. Still got Ferodo DS2500 in them tho' (now AP's preferred pads)

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Now for the bad news ... round about £100, from Trent Saab. However, it should be possible to source them from somewhere else, which I would guess would be cheaper. The pads I had came in a box marked (I think from memory) for a Merc. They can be a little tight going into the Saab calipers and may need just a little bit ground off the end ears. I suppose you could try quoting the caliper part no to Ferodo and ask them if they have a pad to fit, rather than for the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.