Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Confused, have a 1995 Saab 9000 CSE 2.0 LPT.
The 'check engine' light became illuminated after a local centre fitted a new downpipe.
It flashed 6 times so I got the Oxygen Sensor changed. All that was available at short notice was a universal 3 wire one. It was wired in but still has the light illuminated and it still flashes 6 times, disconnected the battery to try and reset ECU, worked for about 5 mins. Light came on after reversing out of my drive.
Some saab sites says that Trionic systems can't use the flashing lights as a diagnostic tool.
I have measured Pins 1 and 2 (the white ones) on the oxy sensor (as recommended by the Haynes Book of lies) and it measures 7ohms (recommended maximum 10ohms).
Anyone offer any advice?
Cheers
Wayne Martin

·
Registered
39 Posts
i had this problem with one of my 9000, coincidentally it happened right after i fitted a new down pipe, i like youself went for the lamnda sensor but a new one proved ok,it turned out to be the ezk ignition module, why this happened when i changed the downpipe i dont know,i fitted a motorcraft equivalent to the bosch as it was £80.00 new,I dont know if your saab has that ignition system on it though maybe some of the other guys might know,
cheers Ricky

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Richard,
I'm not sure if mine has the same system as yours did. It has a red DI cartridge if that helps.
I will have a look at the Haynes Book of Lies again and see what I can find out, thanks again,
Wayne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts