Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an abbott ecu upgrade to my 9000 2.3lpt, originally they fitted the apc valve, but, I found that the boost pressure was all over the place, sometimes it was awesome, other times it was lethargic to say the least. (I always use super unleaded)

I decided to fit an abbott MBC, which they duly fitted, all was fine, until another company fitted me a boost gauge, after this, the performance tailed off massively.

I took the car back to abbott and coincidentally the DI failed at this time, hence the lack of performance due to its failure.

A new DI was fitted, along with heater plate removal. The MBC was reset. Boost seem to hit 16psi after this, all was well, however it didnt have the same punch as prior to the boost gauge / DI issue.

I manually tweaked the MBC myself at home, to apprx 20psi, which restored the performance........however, I am now hitting boost cut out in high gears at low rpm with full throttle, ie 5th at 1800rpm. If I go through the gears with full throttle there is no problem at all.

Any ideas ? should I be turning the MBC down due to this ? or is there another way to run at this level ?

cheers

Andy

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
turn it down !!
the only other way is to re-map your ecu
and get a 3 bar map sensor otherwise the ecu cannot "see" the pressure and you can run into all sorts of problems
also at high boost you are running into areas where your fuel supply cannot cope and you may be running lean (and melting pistons
)
so I would turn it down till it stops boost cutting and save up for an upgrade

1 - 2 of 2 Posts