Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after driving a rover 214 last weekend,my wife has convinced me that my carly is too powerfull.while chatting to a friend about this,he said his mate had a dihatsu(i think)that only had three cylinders.but still seemed to go ok.this made me think,that if i removed one of the sparkplugs and earthed one of the coils on the DI,this would give the same effect.3/4,s of 220hp=165hp AND better MPG to boot!!!.wife said this would be totaly adequate.then DUH,earthing the coil would probably drain the battery so this idea was shelved.now my next plan is to remove the turbo and strip down(will service it at same time)and remove every other blade on one of the turbines in a "she loves me she loves me not"fashion with a hacksaw or mini grinder.(will clean well after as swarf could damage engine ).now my question, is should this on the exhaust or inlet turbine??.which one would be the safest and effective?.remember im trying to get down to about 165hp to please the wife .
thanks in advance
simon

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Are you serious?

Stop, Carly's are rare and that kinda work could kill the car. If you want to drop the BHP the easiest way is to disconnect the APC Solenoid Valve and force the car into base boost only. That will drop power to iro 160 - 170bhp, just reconnect the solenoid valve when you want some

Jason.

P.S. you could always trade it for an LPT model?

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
much easier to take the plug out of the APC..
all you will get is base boost and probably 160 Hp

or...

you could rig a switch (hidden of course) that would "switch off" the apc
so you could switch it on when it was required

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.