Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me please.The ABS comes on if the brakes are applied when turning right. This 1993/4 9000 has been to the main dealers 5 times, and they have been brilliant. but neither they or Saab GB can find the fault. The abs control box,pump, pistons,master cylinder,servo, all wheel sensors have all been replaced. I changed the frt off side wheel brg and I thing the other side has already been done.I cant find anything wrong.The Saab computer says the system is perfect!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. No there are no ABS failure lights.The dealer says its the front nearside that is unlocking,I am not so sure , because the computer said it was this wheels AbS pump piston faulty, and that turned out to be incorrect. I changed the o/f frt brg 18 mts before the problem started. It started once in a while, and has become almost constant.I have tried to check n/s frt brg again today, it has definitely been off because the drive shaft threads are damaged.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried to tighten both frt wheel brgs today but both were very tight. I used a socket and bar and 600mm bit of pipe to get extra leverage. There is no rust around brg washer, but i will get the wife to drive slowly and try and listen for any noise. I realy appreciate the help, thanks very much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts