Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, just bought a Saab 9000 Griffin 2.3T with no handbook or records etc.

Could someone please tell me how to set the temperature senosor in the scc to degrees C instead of Fahrenheit.

Thanks and what a great resource.

This is my 4th Saab after an absence to Mercedes for a while which are quite frankly over rated, badge purchased mediocre cars by comparisson to Saab.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Welcome to Saabscene, Chartermarque.

I don't know which year your Griffin is, but my '95 handbook (and the '96 one) says the following:

Selecting the units
To select the desired combination of units, depress the INFO and R buttons simultaneously and hold them depressed for at least four seconds. Each time the buttons are depressed, one of the four following groups of measurement units will be selected:

<ul type="square">
[*]litres/100 km, kilometres, deg C
[*]MPG (US gal), miles, deg F
[*]MPG (imp. gal.), miles, deg F
[*]MPG (imp. gal.), miles, deg C
[/list]

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Press R and Info together for 3-4 seconds to cycle round the various setting

F, Imp gal
C, Imp Gal
C, l/100km
F, US Gal

Olds 9000's (before 93 or 92) didn;t have C, Imp Gal.

If you have the SCC (not analogue clock),

Pressing the top 3 buttons (-,+,set) together for 3-4 secs cycles round

KM, KMh, 12hr
Miles, MPH, 24hr

or something similar.

Andrew

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks very much the info, sorted me out a treat.

I have another problem in that the SCC itself is unlit. I went out today a replaced both 5w bulbs thinking that may solve the problem but it hasn't, except that the display is just about faint enough to read. Could anyone please help?

Thanks again

Dark Blue 1997 2.3T Griffin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.