Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just today fitted my 9000 cs 2.olpt on a 95N With a forge open air dump valve but all I get is a small chss it doesn't last as long as my last car did at the same pressure!! Also its not very loud at all.Do I have an air leak or have I put it on the wrong way round?
It's fitted to the pipe that goes to the throttle body and the return to the intake is blocked off!!!

the holes round the valve show the piston push to the front of the car when idle is this correct or is it just releasing the air all the time?

please help

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did you reconnect the vacuum line? Also chack for leaks in that vacuum line. Mine was cracking so I replaced all the hoses with silicone.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers
If you mean the one connecting to the end of the dump valve that leads to the throttle body yes and also checked it no cracks that are visible I'll take it off and check it now. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No leaks on the vacuum line just had it off and checked no change! should I get sound on this car at 7psi boost?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I would guess the level of sound is linked to the pressure being released.

Maybe LPTs (noting the LOW pressure bit) just don't PHSSSSSTTT much?

Can the spring rate of the valve be altered? - Could you have it set to 'resist' too strongly, expecting a higher output turbo?

Best move is to budget for a conversion to FPT, I say.

Carl

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah thats what I keep thinking but at 700quid it's probably worth selling and buying a fpt.
anyway I've just tried the car with wastegate dissengaged to give full boost, Although I'm not running a gauge of any kind I felt the difference but hit boost cut really early! and this made no difference to the dump valve noise? Its confusing.

My previous car was a rover 220turbo standard running 7psi same as this car put forge dump valve on and it made a gradual whoosh this one is gone in a milli second and is not too loud I would have thought I'd get some noise!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carl You're a genius,
this gave me a brainwave,

Can the spring rate of the valve be altered? - Could you have it set to 'resist' too strongly, expecting a higher output turbo?

Automatically I called forge motorsport where my valve was from and I asked them if I had the correct tension spring and guess what they left the standard 14psi 'blue' spring in when I need a green lower pressure spring. So free of charge its getting sent out on monday.

Thanks to all just hope it is the blue spring when I strip it down now or it means the car has a problem!!!!

again thanks to all that answered.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its mainly the wife that does that! with the dump valve of course. She insisted we got one on this car as she could tell when she was using the throttle? Weird...
thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts