Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Got a very small oozing of power steering fluid coming from the top hose where it goes in to the fluid reservoir. (MY95 9000 non-turbo)
I have nipped up the jubilee clip progressively to the stage were I really would not want to tighten it any more for fear of cracking the plastic of the reservoir. The oozing is not as bad as it was.
I suspect that the top hose itself may have developed a small split; hence the tightening of the clip has not cured the problem.

So can I simply disconnect the reservoir, inspect and trim off the end of the hose and refasten? Or am I being a little too hopeful? Could I have some advice please?

Kind regards
green 9000

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
If the hose is long enough, then I'd give it a go. The hose isn't under pressure. The worst that can happen is if you find you have to cut off so much brittle hose that the rest of it isn't long enough. Then you need a new hose. I'm pretty certain that one goes to the steering rack and I don't know what kind of union is at the steering rack end.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bill, I'm going to give it a try, thought I'd prepare myself properly first...spare clip and some PAS fluid....£14 for a litre bottle from main agent!

Which brings me to another query, the fluid in my reservoir is brown, the new fluid is clear, should I consider changing the fluid while I'm at it?

Thanks in advance

green9000

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
£14 a liter,I have just bought twoX 1 liter bottles, again from a main agent for under half that you paid,there are about four differant fluids.I wonder what the differance is,other than the price?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.