Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just had my car in for it's MOT and my mechanic noticed that the ring shaped clamp that holds the two halves of the turbo together is missing.
Two questions:

1) Where can I get a replacement ?

2) What is it actually called so I know what to ask for ?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Originally posted by Bu:
[qb]I presume it's relatively cheap then ?

Is a eukaleyle any good or does it have to be a banjo ?      [/qb][/b]
I'd never assume that anything from saab is cheap. I got a quote for the short length of turbo water coolant pipe from Saab.....over £50

·
Registered
160 Posts
Originally posted by kevster:
[qb] QUOTE
Originally posted by Bu:
[qb] I presume it's relatively cheap then ?

Is a eukaleyle any good or does it have to be a banjo ?         [/qb][/b]
I'd never assume that anything from saab is cheap. I got a quote for the short length of turbo water coolant pipe from Saab.....over £50 [/qb][/b][/quote]I got a quote for the Air Duct the other day: $184

·
Registered
60 Posts
The ring you are looking for is called: V-Band Clamp or Coupling. It is a common industrial coupling to connect two pipes together. Look for an industrial fastener supply company and get a 730mm diameter size. You have to make sure that the V groove matches that on the car. It could cost considerably less than from a SAAB dealer. For more info see: V band clamps

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the advice, I called Mellets, they didn't have any but they gave me the number of turbo force in Preston on 01772697979 who are sending it out to me tommorrow for £10.n

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.