Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, it seems my 9000 2.3 16 turbo has the usual problem: TCS control lamp on and LHM for any reason (though this did not happen for few days, touchons du bois...) . The real ennoying thing is that, from times to times, my engine stops, as if sudden loss of ignition, or no more petrol. Everything goes on OK when I turn the key to "off", and restart the car.

Anyone heard about this?

ps: 5 flashings of the "check engine" light when I leave the key on the "on" position before starting the engine, it seems the throttle body's in trouble, but can this part create this sort of trouble?

Thanks a lot.

amitiés à toutes et à tous

Seb.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Mine did exactly the same before I replaced the throttle body. You need a good Saab dealer with the old ISAT computer (not a Tech II, hope I have that the right way round!) to check and reprogram the body. My garage said it could have just been a reprogram or something as simple as the throttle switch but I spent out on the throttle body.
The problem hasn't returned thankfully though.

Duncan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, changing the throttle body should avoid my engine to stop suddenly? Great!
. Is it absolutely necessary to reprogram?

Thank you for having answered so quickly

ps: has the changing of throttle body decreased the quantity of petrol needed per mile of your car, and did the tachometer ( compte-tours , is it the right word?) act foolishly from time to time, before you change the throttle body?

Thanks once more.

Seb.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you change the body you must have it all recalibrated and checked. My fuel consumption went down a tiny amount but more importantly the car was much smoother.
The reason that you need to have the car put on the computer is that the fault could be anything like the throttle body, the throttle pedal switch or even something as small as an ABS sensor. The whole system is connected.
Why don't you have a look at www.townsendimports.com and see if there is some information to help you. This is a really good website which has diagrams and test procedures that you could do before you take the car in.

Regards,

Duncan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot. I already went on the "townsendimports" site, and I have to check, as described, what I can with my equipment. I wanted to know whether I am the only one to have those kind of problems, or if these symptoms are common to 9000s, or at least, known by some of you.

Thank you once more for your answer.

Best regards.

Seb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.