Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im a newbie with the 9000, bought a 9000 aero on an auto box today from a&a saab in rosset, uk (top guys by the way).

Im having problems understanding how to use the on board comp does anyone have any guides etc. on how to change from km per hour to miles? or any other tips on using the comp would be good.

Many thanks
mrchimps

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hello,

I have a 96 CDE Auto fitted with the standard EDU trip computer. If yours is a posher one, it may have the SCC version which has lots more functions.

Adjusting the units that are displayed appears to be the same process for both types, at least thats what it says in my handbook! Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner and so will have to type a summary;

EDU Has two buttons 'R' and 'Info' To select units press both buttons simultaneosly for at least four seconds and the display should cycle through the available combinations eg.Litres/km, MPG in US gals/miles,MPG in (imperial gals)/miles with F or C temperatures.

SCC Has R and Info plus three buttons marked +, - and 'Set'. Lots of options are available with this but my book doesn't mention how to change from litres to Gallons but, to change from KM and Km/hour to miles and MPH, you apparently have to press all three, +, - and Set simultaneously for four seconds and the display should change. NB you do NOT use the R and Info buttons for this process.

Hope that's not too confusing!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well, you've obviously got the SCC model so I can't personally say what you need to do to get the result you want.

The blurb in my handbook deals with Distance to Destination, Speed Warning etc. but the only reference I can see to units of measurement is that I posted earlier. Perhaps you need to keep pressing the three buttons for four seconds until you get the display you want?

If I wanted to change the units of measurement in my EDU to show the 'Range of the car based on the amount of fuel left in the tank and the average fuel consumption' I would just press R and Info for four seconds. Strangely enough, there is no wording like that in the details of the SCC version in my handbook!

Perhaps you will have to hang on until someone else with SCC responds.

Subject to this query, I hope you are enjoying your car as much as I did, and still do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.