Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK have just started gettin a weird metal "clink" from my rear end (car rear end btw). It sounds like a metal bar (thin) is sliding out of position, its hard to explain. Its like theres tension against a metal bar and a loud "clink" when the brakes are applied. Now its ONLY when the car comes to a complete halt after applying breaks, not every time I apply the breaks, only when the car comes to a halt.

Am going tomorrow to have it looked at... my theory is possibly the rear anti-roll bar has snapped at one end... but I am an amature.

Best thoughts please... I shall reveil tomorrow what it is.

·
Registered
496 Posts
bushings, start with the sway bar and work your way around. I have much of the same clicking on the front end of my 9KT and i am almost positive it is that. When i install a new clutch, i intend to replace all the front end bushings...i still need to put new ones on the rear, but not badly..., now as for my front end, the struts are shot, and the alighnment doesn't exsits...therefore when driving on roads above 60ish, the entire car shimmies and shakes violently...it was bad at 80, so i don't think i will test my high speeds till i correct my new found issues.... Oh and good luck there yourself.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I was going to suggest calipers - they float on rods and if a caliper has partially seized can rattle a bit as the piston does not return to its relaxed position allowing the the caliper to move about.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hmmm. Could be.As my local fitting centre suggested that on my 92' 9000CDXS as when i was going round a corner slowly with a lot of lock,i got a mettalic rubbing sound.Dont you think saab would have put a sensor on instead of the metal tag to indicate brake pad wear?

·
Super Moderator
2,709 Posts
Dave_NI

I had exactly the same problem with the first car I owned with disc brakes. It was on a Hunter GT ( yes I know, that was a LOOONG time ago.) However the local garage checked it out a couple of times and found nothing. I eventually just started taking things to bits and found that the friction material had come adrift from the backing plate on one pad and was moving slightly. I got the noise just as the car came to a halt and the brakes 'relaxed'. It sometimes also 'clunked' if I moved off in reverse.

New set of pads cured it.

[email protected]

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
10 points to ylee coyote...

Anti Roll bushes completely worn out...

When on the ramp noticed an oil leak near the crank shaft... pully side so its not expensive to replace but a [expletive deleted] to fit.

Never rains....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.