Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has( I think) a 9000i 2.3 N/T
He has lost oil pressure completely. Now having gone through this with mine, I think I know what I am doing. However he is a bit evasive in his diagnosis. he say's that the gears are not chewed up or damaged but are out of tolerance, this I presumed would not have caused complete loss of oil pressure, however when questioned about the pressure relief valve, he has said it is slightly scored, my way of thinking is go for a new valve body first ( £22 oem ) and then if this does not cure the problem change the gears, but this acquaintance (would have used this before but forgot how to spell it) is a tight fisted g*t and is moaning. what would you suggest.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Well it looks like he has 3 choices.

1 do nothing and see how long it runs before siezing.

2 spend £22 to change the valve (which is quite a common problem).

3 spend lots and replace the pump AND valve.

It his car and choice....

Andrew

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Option one does not exsist as he has the pump removed. He asked me to get him the gears as I was going to ECP. then I asked about the conditionof them and the valve. as before the gears are not damaged ( have'nt seen them) but he says there is a slight score in the valve. which is the p[art that I would opt as being the problem. there again if it was me I would change them all anyway, as it is stripped down. As I sais he's a tight g*t, I would certainly pay £100 to have my car on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts