Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Saabers, back again. Just had to change the radiator in my '95 9000 turbo. Having done that, I decided to change the oil (it was just about due. Replaced the oil with Castrol GTX Magnatec 10W-40 (it's had this oil since before I got the car, so I just carried on the tradition!). On the next day, after a bit of a drive (approx. 30 mins.) I noticed that the oils light started to flicker whenever the car was facing downhill and leaning towards the drivers side (the engilish drivers side!!!) As soon as back on level - or any other surface - no probs. Engine sounds fine. Changed the oil again, just in case it was a 'bad can'. No improvement, any offers? Thanks Derrick

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Silly question... have you put enough oil in?

94 onwards B204 & B234 need 5.5 litres, earlier models were a litre or so less.

More sensible suggestion... perhaps you have disturbed the connection to the oil pressure switch. It might be worth tracing it through to see if all the joints are OK.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The obvious questions are always the best to ask - yep oil is full. Filled, run engine, leave to settle, topped up - level at max (spot on even - wow!)
Connectors for oil pressure switch - whereabouts (to lazy to move from computer at the moment). Given the fiddling about I did ('tidying up' some bits under there) it is quite possible I disturbed something.
Thanks for the quick response

Derrick

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I reckon it was the oil level switch which was coming on due to a slightly low sump level which would show up under the conditions you mentioned. This is the switch right below the oil filter.
The chances of you getting a 'bad can' of oil would be less likely than you winning the lottery jackpot 2 weeks running

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I guess this weekend I'll be under the bonnet again. I'll check out all the connectors and then I'll check out the level sensor.
The problem looks like some sort of connector thing though - further analysis has shown it to be very 'bump' orientated (hit a bump at the certain angle = light flickers. I'll let you all know what the outcome seems to be!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts