Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I changed my front pads last week I noticed that when the car was raised at the front oil was almost pouring from engine!!!

You should have seen the puddle on my drive

Its always been a bit oily but I can't see any thing obvious.

HELP PLEASE

TIA

Ian
9000XS (J)

edited cos front hasn't got a y in it.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The only thing I can think of is the dipstick/oil filler tube. This is secured to the crankcase with a single bolt at the top. If it has come loose it will leak oil.
My last car I had a weep from there so I replaced the O-ring. With the car up on stands, removed the screw, pulled out the tube and got 1/2 a pint of oil down my sleeve - horrible!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Originally posted by kevin (kprm77):
[qb]Could be the dipstick / oil filler tube - this was leaking (only very slightly) on my last 9000 CS, and I'm sure Justin (NY) has an oil leak there too.[/qb][/b]
YES,...but I do beleive my leak is coming from the oil level sensor. POSSIBLY from the diptube!

·
Registered
188 Posts
CORRECTION!!!!--My oil leaks are coming from the crankshaft seal(oil pump side),oil pressure switch,oil drain plug,and my dip/fill tube is split completely in half INSIDE the rubber sleeve!! I just found this out today as I took the car up to my local SAAB dealer for an oil & tranny fluid change.
Hope this helps,
JUSTIN=^)

P.S.-THE TOTAL ON ALL OF THOSE PARTS IS A WHOPPING $13(U.S.). THE LABOR IM SURE IS SIGNIFICANTLY MORE,...IF AT ALL POSSIBLE D.I.Y.!!!
HAPPY SAABIN'=^)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.