Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Oil leak

Tags
leak oil
1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  adrian 
#1 ·
Hi again, my car has lost its oil whilst on the A2. I stopped safely and was brought home courtesy of Brittannia Rescue. Initial diagnostics looks like an oil pump seal. Has anyone been thru this and could anyone advise me of costs to repair.
Thanks in advance

#2 ·
I did the front crankshaft oil seal and oil pump when I last did the head gasket. New seals are not expensive well £50 say from Saab for the crankshaft oil seal, oil pump 'o' ring and a tube of sealant (can by 500ml tube from Loctite for the same price as the 5ml from Saab!). I think thats all you need (Check Haynes manual). Not to tricky to do providing you can get the crankshaft pulley bolt off.

#3 ·
Thanks for the advice, Adrian, but it looks like it could well be the oil pump itself. I did some phoning around this morning and it now seems like the car will have to be inspected b4 I can get an estimate of the repair. So far I've been quoted over £500
to replace the oil pump and cover (if damaged). I don't think I've caused any engine damage as the car was running fine when I pulled over.

#5 ·
Hi all, sorry about the delay in coming back to you. I've had the car repaired by MOTORVATION from Tonbridge. The cause of the oil leak was the oil cooler hose. At the same time I've had the wheel bearing and wishbone bushes replaced.The car now drives a lot smoother and the road handling feels much better. Money well spent.
I would recommend this garage for their expertise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.