Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was cleaning the 9000 cse ( 1996 ) last weekend and thought I would adjust the rear view mirror. Unfortunately it came off in my hand. So had to get a temporary cr*p one from Halfords.

Is it possible to just get a replacement mirror , or would I have to also buy the plastic-covered metal bracket that seems to be attached to the overhead console ( with the map/seat belt warning light in ).

Didn't realise how good ( ie: wide field of view )
the Saab mirror was until I fitted the Halfords one.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The Saab interior mirror is meant to come off if it is struck in the event of an accident. I had one come off in my hand once but managed to get it back on again.
I seem to remember that there was a button or something with a groove around it on the mirror which clipped in between two springs in the mounting plate. It was a right bugger to get back together again. It may have involved loosening a few screws but I'm afraid I can't remember well enough.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same thing happened to me, got a replacement from scrappy, one quid - it's one of those parts that seems to be consistant the whole way through from 85 to 97 so plenty to choose from. Easy to replace just remove the roof consol and undo 2 or 3 torx screws to remove mirror base from roof.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.