Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on EbayClick here
After numerous emails to the seller he cannot substanciate his claims and is now dishing insults when i ask him to back these figures up ,
What do you think..lol

Pete.

·
Registered
547 Posts
If you look at all his items for sale you'll notice that he can offer a 20HP increase to just about any model of car on the market. Hmmmm....

Also he's selling some boxer shorts, presumably so you can change your underwear after experiencing the performance gain.

Finally, he's selling something called Paypal - guaranteed $5,000 return on a $1 investment.

If something looks too good to be true.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had to chuckle to myself when reading the text that says 'This modification will fit most fuel-injected models (non-turbo).

Surely this would rather limit the appeal of this upgrade for the majority of saab owners

The chap does seem to be trying it on to see how many fivers he can collect in exchange for a resistor worth only a few pence.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Illustrates perfecty the number one rule of eBay: caveat emptor. In this case, if anyone's stupid enough to give this guy their money, they deserve themselves.

OTOH, has anyone reported his shady tactics to eBay?

James

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Originally posted by James:
[qb]Illustrates perfecty the number one rule of eBay:  caveat emptor.  In this case, if anyone's stupid enough to give this guy their money, they deserve themselves.[/qb][/b]
I'm sure there are plenty of stupid boy racers who'd buy something similar for their fiestas and Nova's. However, I've yet to meet a stupid Saab owner (other than myself).

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Originally posted by sgould:
[qb]Shame on you James! Patronising your audience is very  infra dig            [/qb][/b]
Sorry, me boet. Just trying to explain that ripping someone off on eBay is definitely not lekker.

Been here too long ...

James

1 - 11 of 11 Posts