Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Drivers side.

was working fine. went to close the mirrors yesterday and passenger mirror fine, drives did not move. it moves manually but i cannot hear or feel the motor running when the switch is activated.

the glass mirror adjustment still works fine just not the retract or open. gently moved the morror back and forwards a couple of times and its moving freely enough.

any thoughts?

it's not essential but i like things to work as they should.

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unplugged the door to pillar connector for a few mins, reconnected and still no mirror fold. passenger side is fine and works, just the drivers side.....

·
Administrator
5,054 Posts
I've known of connectors coming loose inside the door...remove the fuse for the mirrors 2-3min allowing to reset,pretty sure it's F30(Engine bay EC)

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Jon, will try this tomorrow. everything else seems to be working (fingers crossed)

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
unplugged the dor connector a couple of times plus battery reset.
Have had the door card off and checked all connections.

still no joy.

Are the mirrors plug and play if i get another one from another car and are the covers interchangeable and if so how?

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tookthe door card off and checked the connections. I'll do it again. Disconnect clean with contact cleaner then reconnect them. I'll do the same with the door jam connectionand leave it apart whilst whilst I do the others inside the door.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine stopped working after someone nudged it, the heater functions still not working but, I had to fold mine both ways a few times not sure what it did but its been OK since then. It made that horrible snap sound like when the motor over runs an then it came back to life. Worth a go, if not best bet is to remove the mirror housing an have a nosey at the motor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had exactly the same fault a year or so ago, it was the drivers side door module at £90 from saab and a further £50 to tech 2 it to the car !!, ( i removed the drivers side mirror and plugged it into the passenger connector and the mirror then worked which confirmed the mirror was not at fault ).

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had exactly the same fault a year or so ago, it was the drivers side door module at £90 from saab and a further £50 to tech 2 it to the car !!, ( i removed the drivers side mirror and plugged it into the passenger connector and the mirror then worked which confirmed the mirror was not at fault ).
Nice idea, will try this.

Pretty sure the body coloured mirror covers are removable/interchangeability - does anyone know how to remove them without damage?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts