Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, i haven't posted in a while because i have been busy with school. But now i am back and i have picked up a couple new hobbies in my saab. My biggest one is off roading . It is so much fun. I just gave up on my horrible paint and said i am gonna do it. Now i am hooked. I was wondering what kind of upgrades you guys have seen out there for a SAAB 900 SE 2.0 turbo 1998.
Also anyone else been offroading in there saab?

I have also been doin some dirt road drifting. Not quite just ass dragging because you can initiate a four wheel drift if you do an inertia drift. But alas my car is front wheel drive Anyone else into these topics? well i am out.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i live on a gravel road in rural australia, and as i leave the property, there is a tight right hand bend in the road. if i line the wheels up between the wheel tracks in the gravel, i hit lots of loose rocks, and with a little speed, and good timing i can usually manage to get the car to get almost 90° and then with the FWD i can then power out of the corner, reaching up to 160 kph before i come to the next section of the road... tis quite fun where i live.
all i have is an old '87 9000 Turbo, 205/60 R15s (the higher profile to give a better ride off the tarmac ) and a modified APC unit. i dont know if you call this off roading...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts