Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really a fan belt type noise, more high pitched, only happens for a bit when I'm pulling away from a stand still, any ideas?. Can't be anything too terminal as it's just sailed through the MOT . Cheers,
Leo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
could be clutch left hand side or tension/guide pully on right hand side.could try taking serpentine belt off for short test to see if noise goes.if it does it's likely to be a pully or even alternator

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hi all, this sounds like the same noise I get, my car is an auto by the way, at around 1500 rpm a sound like a mouse squeek comes in, for about a pico sec. an auto gearbox guy said it was the clutch in the auto box and not to worry about it, I have just replaced the box but it is still there, no change what so ever, the guy who does the big jobs on my Saab, who also replaced the box said it could be a rear bush. OK, may be, or it could be the secound had box that's just been fitted, if that's the case then this must be a none problem with this type of ZF auto box.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the same trouble. Got the steering pump drained and changed, and the noise still appears. I will change the two belts just to see if it's not belt sleepin. I don't think it's the tensionner, as it has been changed only a few thousend miles ago. But It might be the alternator, as there's some rust in it. So, maybe you belts are too old, or contamined with oil. Check that first, as it is costless. Have had too the tensionner pulley unscrewed, wich was making a squeering noise, but I tight it back, the noise reduces but still goes on. That was before I change the steering pump and the water pump, for new one. so, next is the belts and then the altrenator ! hope that helps! Cordially, Laurent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts