Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1993 Aero 5spd w/ TCS 67k has had occasional rough idle for a very long time. It only happens when the engine is hot and never when the A/C compressor is running. The idle speed is correct, it just runs rough. The DI cassette is good, head gasket replaced, fuel and air filters, new plugs w/ various gaps, all new silicon vacum lines except the large brake booster, plenty of injector cleaner run through it, throttle body clean. The car sits for long periods and is mainly driven on long trips at high speeds. Any ideas as to the cause?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
On my DI/APC Carlsson the idle control valve became sticky and caused a similar problem. A clean through with carburettor cleaner solved it every 8000 miles or so. On the Trionic engines the idle control valve is below the throttle body and is far harder to get to .
HTH.
Nick.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have only cleaned the throttle body on the car, maybe I need to remove it and do a better cleaning. I'm not certain if the 1993 T5 5spd W/ TCS has an idle control valve on the bottom of the throttle body??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.