Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost too ashamed to ask this, but when checking the oil level, should you push the dipstick all the way down?

I'm asking because with the dipstick 'locked' in place, it sits about and inch higher than if you push it right in. So, the reading can be either on the Max or the Min for exactly the same amount of oil in the sump.

What's the correct Saab oil checking procedure?

TIA,
Alan

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi there.
I think the answer has to be that the dipstick needs to be fully depressed and the cap wound down in order to correctly assess the oil level.
I see you've just joined too. I'm in Bristol also and have just traded my old 900 in for a nice new(?) 9000 2.3T MY1994. I'm in Clifton if you ever need anything. Always happy to help out if i can.

Cheers.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no problem...and welcome to Saabscene

As for the oil level, I've always been 'pressing it down' and filling to the max that way, but the oil level light will still come on once in a while, like if I start the car on a slight slope. Odd...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.