Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My front plate is cracked and will fail the next MOT.
Anyone know where to get replacement plates for a 9000 later shape
The front is standard sixe 524*112 mm but the rear is taller and sticks on with no holes in it.
Would also prefer a plate that doesn't have a company name on it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hey, what's that? how does it work with number plates in UK? Isn't just the State that suplies all the plates? can manufacturers meke thir own plates? can you obtain a duplicate of an existing plate? Are there different kind of plates?
Please explain, here in Itlay none of this possibilities exists, and our burocracy sucks. Losing or deterioring a plate will mean a huge cost in money and time to replace it, you have to re-register the car, and it isn't easy at all.
Sorry Saabpilot for this going off topic, but I'm just curious. If you want I can start another topic.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Stefano,

You can have a garage or maker sell you plates you just need the documents for the car and some personal ID.

Reckon you might need a few in Italy judging by the parking when I was in Palermo a while back.

Only joking, a good thing about Italy was the lack of "speed cameras" or tax cameras as they should be called here.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Originally posted by Chris B:
[qb]Try www.gtgrafix.co.uk there plates are excellent and they will make custom sizes where required, Chris [/qb][/b]
I've used these chaps for my specially spaced plates...
good value when you take into account the spacing, font and custom logo work.... of course these are for off road use only...

·
Registered
623 Posts
 a good thing about Italy was the lack of "speed cameras"[/b]
Yes, they aren't much, but they're still too many...
I think that your plates policy is a great thing. It's possible to ally it for you just because you English are honest guys, compared to us italians. Apply a plates law like yours here in Italy and in a week we will find a dozen of ways to earn from it... we have too much fantasy.
Did you came to Palermo straight from UK by car? Big journey. Hope you enjoyed it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hej Stefano

The UK system relies on a sticker in the front windscreen showing that "road tax" has been paid, and verifying that insurance, M.O.T. (safety test),and owner registration are valid, so the system is not easily open to abuse.

Re: Speed cameras:

Have you got mobile RADAR/photo traps or just fixed GATSO type devices? We've just started seeing the mobile type here and they're getting lots of business
Fortunately they're in use in towns, near schools and other sensible places.
I'll be coming down to Vallelunga again around Easter
so it would be nice to know.

Cheers
David

·
Registered
623 Posts
No, in Italy those radars are not diffused yet, they are just around towns. Speed limits aren't a big issue yet on highways. My usual speed on highway is 160kmh, the limit is 130, no fines yet. If you don't exceed too much there are no problems.
How easy is to falsify the sticker? is it possible to move the sticker from one car to another?

On Easter I'll be at Imola for the F1 Grand Prix, I'm a technical scrutineer and I'll be busy scrutineering all those cars and writing down what the guys at Jordan are doing...
Is there a track day in Vallelunga? are you coming by car?

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
How easy is to falsify the sticker? is it possible to move the sticker from one car to another?[/b]
Oh bad, and very bad. Especially if you get caught.

Also remember that the camera does not check the sticker, it reads your number plate and compares that to a central database of known purchased tax discs.

The disc is only really for the busy's and traffic qwardens to scan.

Andrew

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.