Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain why I am now getting hot air blowing in despite having the ACC set for "LO".

I recently replaced the red coloured relay that is located behind the glove box. This seemed to have sorted out the problem.

However, last week whilst sat in traffic, I could hear the relay clicking followed by the A/C compressor kicking in. This happened quite rapidly for 3 seconds clicking on and off.

Now I am only getting hot air. I have checked the sensors by carrying out the calibration check and had 0 errors.

The coolant level is okay although it appears to lose about a litre every 1000 miles which seems high. Although there is no sign of any leaks under the car.

The system has got gas in (it was checked last month)

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

The car is late MY93 , 9000 CSE 2.0l LPT (147k miles)

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if this helps anyone to diagnose the problem but as I was driving home last night I thought I would try to reset the calibration test.

Again there were no errors but I am now getting cooler air blowing through the vents(although not chilled air)

Any ideas ??

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
I thought the ACC mixed the air before it got to the car, so it may be OK. Not sure about this though

A worst case senario is that the calibration exercises the flaps and one may have broken/stuck during the process, but I would have thought that would register as a fault.

Try putting the setting on LO and see if you get chilled air then. If not you may need the system re-gassed.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
It sounds as if the operating lever on the temp control is suspect,it can be seen after removing the aquarium cover(the false bulkhead at the base of windscreen)Get someone to operate the control a see if the lever is moving OK,it is replaceable,but so far I have not had to do it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts