Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have just got a 1990 900 Convertible (2.0l Turbo). The car is in great condition but I would like to tweak it a bit to increase the performance (without spending too much money - saabs seem to be a money pit to start off with!)

The ECU is by Lucas which seems to limit the mods abit and it as no cat.

The options I have found are:

1) Swedish Dynamics APC upgrade with an RRFPR - raising rate fuel pressure regulator (Do these have to be tuned to the engine?).

2) Speedparts APC Upgrade, ECU chip and a high performance air filter.

3) combination of parts from the above.

What I need to know is which of these would be the best?

Also do you have to retune the engine/APC after fitting the above components and if so is it difficult to do?

Are there any other mods suitable for a novice on a limited budget that would be recommended? (Note, professional mechanics in Ireland are VVVVVEEEEERRRRRY expensive so I would prefer to do the work myself if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Walter McCann.

·
Registered
661 Posts
4: - save money on buying a Speedparts,Swedish Dynamics etc Apc upgrade and buy the JT 3" downpipe (you have to relocate the battery for this but its no biggy) and do your own self tweaked APC box..
Job done for under £200 gbp....
Search the forums for APC tweaks - there are hundereds of articles on it.

No retuning of the ngine is neccesary other than to make sure it is in good fettle before you begin upgrading - a decent set of plugs, good oil check timng and ensure that vac capsule is in good order.
Make sure your actuator is in good health and check base boost and your good to go

Pete.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts