Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9000 CS 2.0i 1992

Yesterday, driving to work, turn on wash/wipe & the thing goes ballistic! The pump & wipers going contnuously. Does not stop after 5 minutes. Stop the car, remove fuse #7 (10amps) [used for "Headlight Wipers"]& it stops! I had suspected the headlight wipers not working properly before.

However, I find out later that the horn doesn't work!!! That should have been fuse #21 (25amps) which is for "Electric Throttle & Horn".

So I temporarily put fuse #7 back in, the horn works, but the wash/wipe is going flat out again.

What to do - I do NOT need the headlight washers, but we all get horney once in a while...

·
Registered
970 Posts
Yes indeed! Have you tested the relay for the wipers? I dont know if its the same one for windcreen wipers and h/lamp wipers. If it is then the windscreen wipers sould be ballistic too. If it is the same relay and the w/screen wipers are not moving then I suggest you test your switch.

hth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.