Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been posting entries for the Saab Pride of Ownership competition for the better part of two slid months now. The end is nigh, but I needed to get this one on the site as well.

This one’s a bit different and whilst it’s not an official entry, Jeff K thought he’d send it in anyway. The reasons why it’s not in the competition will become apparent…

….but beautiful work all the same. And you can click the photo to enlarge to a massive 1920 x 1200 - perfect widescreen wallpaper for screen up to 24 inches.

From Jeff K:

——

I am reluctant to enter a photo into the competition for 2 reasons. #1 I am a professional photographer by trade, so it may not be fair to the other entrants. #2 There’s no landmark in my photo! I live near the beach in southern California and I thought that might make a nice quasi-landmark background. But being the perfectionist that I am, nothing looked right short of pulling the car onto the sand, and that just wasn’t going to happen.

Anyway, you’ve motivated me to get a photo out of my head that was fermenting up there for quite some time. And being that it turned out nicely, it’d be wrong of me not to share. With that said, if you want to leave this out of the competition I COMPLETELY understand. I didn’t even follow the rules!

Meet my 2002 9-3 Viggen 3 door. This is my second Saab and by far the fastest thing I’ve ever owned. As you approach, the whistle of the unlocking keyless entry means fun isn’t far away. Everything about this car screams “GO” — the color, the stance, the body, the sound. Even in stock form it’s more than enough to induce smiles and goosebumps with every turn of the key.

As my daily driver and Swedish Sherpa, the hatch is perfect. I can haul a couple hundred pounds of gear to shoots with room to spare (and I don’t even need to fold down the rear seats).

My Saab is a decathlete — good at everything, compromising nothing. Outstanding safety. The seats are h-e-a-v-e-n. Never-ending fun. 30+ highway MPG. Intelligently designed. Uncommon, gorgeous looks. I have my dream car.

Share This

1 - 1 of 1 Posts