Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the nordic tuning 9-5gt the bodykit is really nice does anyone know if that will fit on a 1992 9000 cause i think that would look really nice. and if not does anyone know of any kits that look nice for the 9000

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have to say I'm v.much against daft body-kits. A little bit is nice - but it's so easy to get carried away. If you feel like really going for it then just make sure you've got a nice bit of performance to go with it. Should be able to pull-away nice an rapid when people start pointing and laughing.

You could get the Carlsson body-kit. I saw a rear bumper advertised on eBay last week (gone now) people are making fibreglass replicas of the kit which are said to look original.

·
Registered
494 Posts
a quick google search for 'saab carlsson body kit' revealed several options immediatelly.

but i must ask, why do you want to alter the exterior look of a Saab when they look so great as they are (bodykit or not).

i see you asking about 'body kits' but no mention of the other work that is usually done to vehicles with said kits, no mention of actual performance upgrades, just visual adjustments.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by xassh:
[qb]but i must ask, why do you want to alter the exterior look of a Saab when they look so great as they are (bodykit or not).[/qb][/b]
It is personal preference - why should enthusiasts not be able to change the appearance of their cars

Originally posted by xassh:
[qb]i see you asking about 'body kits' but no mention of the other work that is usually done to vehicles with said kits, no mention of actual performance upgrades, just visual adjustments. [/qb][/b]
Aesthetic tuning or performance tuning - it depends on what the individual wants. They might ask the same question of you: "why don't you modify the looks rather than just the performance?"

Saabs are supposed to be cars for individuals who are free-thinking. It is a good thing that people decide to modify both performance and looks.

·
Registered
494 Posts
i see that, though my 'words' had been censored, my feelings at the time still came across.

you make a good point, /john, something that i failed to see in myself (though i admit i do wash, dry, wax, buff, shine, leather treat, detail, wheel wetting, rim polishing nearly every week, i should also not mention the countless hours i have spent under the hood making everything look nice and shiny and clean).

my words were out of place here, i apologize and realize i need to think a bit more before i speak.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Boostmaster, you might want to try keeping an eye on ebay, you may come across a car being parted out with the body kit available.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys i am currently trying to tune my car to the nth degree i got a mbc and it failed cause i bought a cheap one 15$ so im going to buy a good one so i can adjust it in cabin
i put a boost gauge in where the clock used to be im getting lowering springs for xmas and ill soon have a down pipe and an air intake along with a ecu upgrade. i just want looks to compliment the power i already have and more of it to come. i love the look i just want to amplifie it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts