Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new on here. I'm generally OK fault finding but this has me stumped. Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD (2009). Yesterday ,it started up first time. Ran for around 30 seconds, then cut out. Now it won't crank over.It has traction control & stability control failure message on the dash. My (cheap) code reader ,which is usually fine, won't establish a link. I've charged the battery overnight, just incase .
Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi. I'm new on here. I'm generally OK fault finding but this has me stumped. Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD (2009). Yesterday ,it started up first time. Ran for around 30 seconds, then cut out. Now it won't crank over.It has traction control & stability control failure message on the dash. My (cheap) code reader ,which is usually fine, won't establish a link. I've charged the battery overnight, just incase .
Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks
I've been digging a bit deeper. Found fuse 4 blown. It's going straight to earth on one side. I've checked the wiring in the battery/fuse board areas,all looks good. I'm thinking the ECU could be shorting out? Any idea, anyone?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Problem solved. Fuse 4 feeds the ECU & it transpires that it also feeds the 'water in diesel ' sensor, underneath the body,attached to the fuel filter. The wires had been shaken around for some time by the look of it. They touched and created the short circuit...All this trouble for 3 tiny wires and a 10amp fuse. Luckily, the vehicle broke down at home,not on the motorway etc.
Anyways,if you ever have a similar problem, hopefully you can save a load of time.
Plant Botany Flowerpot Water Terrestrial plant

1 - 3 of 3 Posts