Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that the tyres on my 9000 are very noisy at low speed - driving round Sainsbury's carpark at 10 mph sounds like I'm throwing it round a rally track....

Now I dont want to have to replace them as they are in very good condition so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if there is any easy solution.

Steve

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I nearly said that in my original posting... however its as bad at Tesco... makes everyone turn their heads!. Now I like people looking at my car - but for the right reasons

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
It might not be the tyres, but the particular surfaces.

Have you noticed that when driving around the local multi-storey car park, truning corners at 5mph makes a squealing sound akin to some American car chases ;-)

/john

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
It could well be the surface the way it's worn. B&Q in Tonbridge is like that, no matter what car or what speed you do it always sounds like you're flying. The other thing to do is check your tyres are wearing evenly. Tracking or low tyre pressure can also have this effect.

Neil

·
Registered
244 Posts
don't worry. go to virtually any multi-storey car park on a warm dry day and listen....every nissan micra sounds as if it is in an american blockbuster tyre sceeching chase movie even though driven by my granny at 2 mph. dunno why it happens though!

bill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.