Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've gone and commited about 2/3rds of this years bonus to have my noisy on the overrun gearbox rebuilt.

I've been driving it like that for over a year now and have finnaly decided to have it done before it fails.

The boys at Mr L&E Abbotts will be receiving it on Sat June 14th where it will given a new clutch, differential, bearings and any other bits it needs. (expensive!)

Oh well as long as it lasts another 9 years (not days like BillJ's).

Andrew

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mr E rang me back at 17:55 today to discuss just what I wanted and when they could do it (lady who answered the phone couldn't commit to dates due to the type of work). I was well impressed. They are going to do the work while I'm in Austria and it should be finished by when I come back.

LSDiffs for a 88-93 should be in by 13th June (they ordered them 15th Jan).

They are alos going to check to see if they have any unmodded 93 Aero ecu's that I can purchase to send to sweden....

Andrew

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by Scaero (ecopower stg0):
[qb]They are alos going to check to see if they have any unmodded 93 Aero ecu's that I can purchase to send to sweden....                  

Andrew [/qb][/b]
You might also like to call my local garage as they hold quite a stock of s/h ECUs. About £175 plus VAT IIRC

Saab Centre 01908 505587

1 - 6 of 6 Posts