Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a few enquiries regarding noise limits for Croft.

The limit for our event is 100dBA static measured 0.5m from the exhaust at 3/4 maximum revs (so 4500 for most Saabs).

This is 2dBA higher than Goodwood last year where most cars were in the 80s/low 90s, with only a couple of especially noisy cars having trouble with the 98 limit. Due to the logarithmic nature of the decibel scale, 100 is more than 50% louder than 98, so I would not expect anyone to have any difficulty this year...famous last words!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
After our coversation last week I phoned the circuit as you suggested, the nice lady she say 98 db. So with that in mind Sharon and I set about noise testing Little Bug*er as per MSA regs, 105 db !!!!!!

I have now set too fabricating a new hopefully quieter exhaust. I have used the four foot cherry bomb (a bit battered) and the existing straight through rear box, all joined up with some two inch dairy pipe that i've had stashed away in work.
If the limit is 100 as you have been told then I may just have a chance.

All I've got to do now is fix the brakes, and get new tyres for the front.

Chris.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck mate - the contract says 100dBA although she'd told me 98 on the phone previously. Could be time to get some glass fibre loft insulation just in case Your car does red line at 5 grand doesn't it?!

Any more joy on the trailer front?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts