Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I know this subject has been covered before but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer. Driving home the other day when I suddenly had an ear splitting noise through my speakers, followed by some popping. Next thing I know, my door speakers and 6x9s are silent. Still have Sid, dash speakers, rear shelf speakers, radio, CD player etc working but no door speakers. I have the 7 speaker system and but I have tapped my 6x9s off the front door speaker wires and they are powered by a separate after market amp in the boot (this amp is powering up fine).

I've had amp1 out and all looks ok inside. I have a single red flashing light at the amp and 1 at the icm. With the ignition off I can see a single solid red light through the top of the amp casing.

Is this all pointing to a fried amp1? Or maybe just a fried output? Any advice much appreciated as I don't want to shell out ££££ to get my bass back if it's not the amp!

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, now to convince my wife that it really is necessary! Although, at 8 months pregnant I'm not sure I'll win! Lol!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah got no problems fitting. Have been keeping an eye on eBay already so will carry on. £75 is the cheapest I've seen but £30 sounds much more like it. Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts