Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone help with this problem,1995 cse with acc.now i dont use on auto because either the clutch is goosed or it needs regassed,but until recently it would only blow hot air now it is only blowing cold air.i have tried a known good cabin temp.unit still no hot air,tried recalibrating no faults showing and the outside temp.display is correct.as it is getting rather chilly up here any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Originally posted by benji9k:
[qb] you can get to it from behind the glove box. [/qb][/b]
Sadly not on right hand drive cars!

If you take off the cover to the "aquarium" (at the bottom of the windscreen), you can see the end of the temperature control which attaches to a lever. You should see this move as you change the temperature set on the control panel. If my memory is correct, there is a plastic clip at the lever end which sometimes breaks, otherwise the motor may have died. The other end of the control can be seen by removing the dashtop (not as difficult as it sounds).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Similar problem? My '92 CS Carlsson,with climate control, had an "expensive lump" replaced and was re-gassed last year (before I bought it) There is no bill but I was told that it came to about £1000.A sticker under the bonnet confirms the re-gassing,with date,and I guess the "expensive lump" could have been a new receiver (I haven't bothered to check)Everything fine on the cold side,icy in fact,and you get a great blast of hot air when set on "Hi",but nothing in between.In fact the cold air doesn't seem to vary whatever temperature figure you select,and I don't think the LED's jump up and down as they should on Auto,although they do move at times.I have tried re-setting the memory. Any ideas as I would appreciate warm air rather than a choice of fire or ice!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I posted my problem off before I saw Mark B's suggestion re. the control lever,I will check that.A related question.Should the right hand selection of airflow on the ACC panel light up,as per the left hand Auto/Eco/off selection? I have LED lights but no illumination on the switches.Can't find any reference in the handbook or Haynes.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
The cabin temp sensor could have died.

It sounds like your car has been converted to run on an R12 replacement gas (if my memory is correct and 1992 cars still were using R12). The early replacement gasses required the drier (aka expensive lump) to be replaced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.